Saturday 4 April 2009

Langkawi

Descended into KL through rain, a solid, constant wash across the window. Landed in sunshine. Then stepping out into that friendly familiar humidity, breathing in the heady, moist green-tasting air. Home again.

Then to Langkawi, arriving in time to watch the last of the colour drain from the sky. Cicacadas ring their evening song till the sound is replaced by rumbles of thunder. The sky flickers with a distant storm. My ankles itch briefly with mosquito bites as I sip on a cold Tiger at the top of the beach. I can hear the waves gently sucking at the shore, geckos chirrup, frogs croak and the occasional bat flaps by. I am overcome by this onslaught of sensation, of pleasure. From sensationless sterile Doha to this. It is too good. My fatigue drops away.

No comments: