Sunday 19 August 2007

The End is Nigh

Once the flight was booked, a couple of weeks ago, the clock was ticking on this trip. It got louder and louder until the thought of using a washing machine suddenly seemed little recompense for leaving Africa. But I'm sure spending time with friends and family will be. This last week, time has hurtled towards me, thrusting at me an unknown expanse of future, rippng from me all the things not done.

It's been so long, but gone so quickly. I feel as if I've barely started but always been here, I feel tired and energized, worn and elated by the journey, journeys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Zoe,
we're back from england and have loved catching up on your adventures. fab writing - a female Bill Bryson style - very funny!where are you now?
will we see you in KL next - or Cairo??
write soon love Kate