Wednesday 1 August 2007

Lake Bunyoni

Three days at Lake Bunyoni was the perfect way to recharge my batteries. This place is stunning, a huge lake, with a wildly wavy shoreline and dotted with islands, surrounded by hills. At an altitude of nearly 2000m, it surprised me with its warm tropical climate and lush greenery. I stayed at a fabulous spot called Byoona Amagara on a tiny island reached by nearly an hour's paddling in a dugout canoe. (Resort pictured top right)

This little resort had a library - yes a real library! A whole room of books! It was bliss to spend days reading, occasionally moving from one comfy sofa to a bench by the shore or the swimming dock. When feeling energetic I would walk the length of the island (not far) or jump into the lake for a swim. As well as a dorm and chalets, they had two geodome rooms, which will best be described by a photo, to be added at a later date. I stayed two nights in one of these rooms, which are open on one side, offering wonderful lake views, fresh air and that beautiful feeling of sleeping outside.

It was so gorgeous and peaceful there, I could have stayed forever.



No comments: